We currently have a new opportunity to join our South Wales Commercial team as a Senior Quantity Surveyor. Based out of either Bridgend or Chepstow, this role would suit an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor looking to take the next step in their career.
Duties and Responsibilities -
Ensuring the commercial interests of OCU are always maintained and throughout all activities undertaken.
- Overall responsibility for managing the quantity surveying team in daily/ weekly/ monthly tasks.
- Proficient in reviewing forms of contract, notably NEC3/ NEC4 and negotiating with clients concerning contract provisions.
- Ensuring contract compliance across the entire OCU region and always be seeking to mitigate the exposure of OCU to any commercial risk from poor contract administration.
- Responsible for all business reporting requirements, to support key business targets.
- Assisting the region and central functions with tendering new works.
- Ensuring the process for raising variations/ compensation claims to clients are produced and submitted in a timely manner covering all additional scope works.
- Ensuring the clients commercial management tools are updated and monitored by all key personnel for all commercial activities.
- Managing submission of all payment assessments through to prompt cash collection.
- Ensuring a robust subcontractor management process is employed supported by robust governance procedures.
- Promote cost saving and increased productivity through initiatives and value engineering.
- Ensuring sound commercial practice is employed by commercial, and operational, teams on all works and promote business culture.
- Ensuring a fluid line of communication with key client representatives.
- Manage effective dispute resolution with clients and subcontractors as required.
- Supporting Regional Director with monthly reporting.
Skills and Experience -
Holder of a Full UK Drivers Licence.
- Educated to Degree level, or equivalent experience.
- Experience within a similar role.
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular MS Excel.
- Experience of CEMAR preferable, but not essential.
- Excellent Communication skills.
The company was established in 1994 and has a long successful track record. O’Connor Utilities are one of the fastest growing utility engineering contractors in the country and we are currently ranked 110th in the Sunday Times Top Track 250 mid-market growth sector. We work directly with many blue-chip power, water, gas and telecoms clients and we are looking for the very best to join our team. We operate in a flat structure and we expect our employees to take control of their own responsibilities, tasks, developments, and opportunities. We believe that being successful is a choice. We choose to be successful.